Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Top 5 Tuesday

Today I'm linking up with http://www.j-peachy.blogspot.com/  for Top 5 Tuesday!  This week the topic is Thanksgiving.


My favorite five things about Thanksgiving...

1. Spending Time With The Family

Jana, Dad, and Myself at the 100 year celebration for North Carolina Tarheel Basketball

Jana, Mom, and Myself when we visited Jana and Michael in Chicago.

2. Eating Amazing Food

I'm excited that this year my sister is hosting Thanksgiving at her house.  We have already pre-ordered our deep fried turkey from Bojangles.  (If you know my family, especially my grandpa, we have a little obsession with Bojangles)

3. Keeping a Tradition

That's right.  It is a tradition on my mom's side of the family that we all meet for breakfast on Thursday morning and then wrap things up with a trip to the local flea market.  This originally started because the flea market was only open on Thursdays, so the only time we would be able to go is when everyone was off work or out of school.

4. Thanksgiving Eve Service

Every year our church has a Thanksgiving Eve Service.  I love this service because it gives everyone a time of worship and reflection.  For me it helps me remember what I am most thankful for, my salvation.  We usually conclude the service by The Lord's Supper.

5. Relaxation

While I will not be on a beach or doing yoga, I will be off of work for TWO days for a total of a four day weekend!  I love getting time off so that I can catch up on all the things I want to do, but feel like I never have enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment