Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'm back...

Since I have been MIA lately I thought I would share a couple of photos and tell you a little bit about what has been going on since Thanksgiving.  Gosh...it seems like December is zooming by.



1. It has been a tradition for well almost 7 or 8 years now to get up (or not even go to sleep) and go shopping on Black Friday.  This year I went with my mom and sister.  My sister has wanted some new casual boots, so when Belk advertised their casual boots for $19.99 it was a required stop on our night long adventure.  I have experienced my fair share of Black Friday shopping and waiting in lines, but let me tell you...you do not get in the way of a lady and her boots.  These women were pushing and shoving and cussing each other.  A little too crazy for our taste!

2. The Saturday after Thanksgiving we were able to go with our church to pack shoeboxes at the Operation Christmas Child operating center in Charlotte, North Carolina.  It always amazes me at the time and thoughtfulness put into these boxes.  Knowing that God already has a specific child picked out to receive the very box you have in your hands at that moment is beyond anything I can say.

3.  This past Saturday was our Singles Ministry Christmas Party.  We all signed up to bring certain dishes.  By the time I was able to see the list, salad it was.  Needless to say we had an awesome time of food, fellowship, and sharing.  We are currently exploring what direction our singles ministry will be going.  We want it to be about discipleship and outreach and not so much about activities.  Do any of you or your churches have a singles ministry?

4.  On Sunday my sister, our childhood friend L and I all attended a Zumbathon.  It was hosted by one of my Zumba instructors so I wanted my sister and L to experience what my Zumba class was like.  We had so much fun working out, catching up, and cutting up.

5.  We finally have our Christmas tree.  Although it is not completely decorated, it is up and making our house smell so good!

Now that I've caught you all back up, I'm ready to keep up with my daily/bi-weekly posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment