Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 is Here!

Wow...I cannot believe that 2012 is already here.

I can honestly say it has been a great start to a new year.  For NYE we ended up going out to eat with my mom and grandpa.  After we finished with supper, we attended a get together at the house of one of the families from church.  The night consisted of Phase 10, ping pong, a whole lot of Just Dance, great food, laughing way to much, and enjoying each others company as we rang in the new year.  I enjoyed getting to hang out with church members outside of church.  I feel like you really get to know them and connect with them.

It was so great to have New Years Day on Sunday.  What better way to start off the first day of the new year, but at church.  After the standard Sunday meal with the family I completed the day just hanging out with friends.

Let's just say Monday morning came way too soon, but the good things is that this week is officially half-way over.

So I know that most people make resolutions so I decided to reflect on 2011 and really think about what I would like to be able to see at the end of 2012.  I wanted to make these things reasonable, but still challenging.

For 2012,

  • I want to really read more in my Bible.  This is something I feel like I always struggle with.
  • I want to try new things.  Whether its food, places, hobbies, etc, I want to explore new things.
  • I want to make an effort to truly enjoy life.  I want to enjoy what I am doing and who I am around.
  • I want to work on completing more on my bucket list.
  • I want to grow in my faith.
I guess we will see what God wants for me in 2012.

What's your new years resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment