Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Favorite Things of Christmas



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?  Hot Chocolate with marshmallows of course.  Confession...I have never tried Egg Nog.  I can't bring myself to even taste it.  The thought alone is enough to not touch it!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?  Santa use to leave things out so that my sister and I could discover them Christmas morning.  We even have been on scavenger hunts to find our presents, but now Santa wraps everything.  I'm pretty sure its because I can't stand the excitement of not knowing what I am receiving.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  I prefer white or clear.  I think the clear lights make everything look elegant.  It is a must for our family tree since we have a certain color scheme.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.  Not necessary!

5. When do you put your decorations up?  We usually try to put them up as soon after Thanksgiving as possible, but sometimes that just doesn't happen.  As long as they are up and we can enjoy them Christmas day, I'm a happy girl!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Gosh, this one is hard.  I would say my favorite dish (it's not so much holiday) is my grandma's mashed potatoes which my grandpa has continued to perfect since my grandma is no longer with us.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?  One of my favorite Christmas memories as a child is my sister freaking me out about this "elf" she saw.  She said he was standing in our doorway of our bedroom that we shared at the time making sure we were asleep.  We still laugh about this today!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?  The truth about Santa?  What are you talking about?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?  Yes.  It's a tradition in my family to go over to my grandpa's house every Christmas Eve where we have a meal and then exchange presents with him.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?  We use clear lights, then every year since we were born we were given a dated ornament from my parents that was a Precious Moments so those are always on there, then we continue to use white twirly twigs and white and blue decorations to finish it out.

11. Snow!  Love it or Dread it?  I love snow, but now that I am older and have to go into work even if schools are called off I dread the ice and danger that comes with it.  I am still like a kid though, wanting to play in it!
 These are a few photos from last winter.  I love playing in the snow with Jana and the Eaker girls!


12. Can you ice skate?  I try, but last time I went ice skating in college at the outdoor rink at Appalachian Ski Mountain I'm pretty sure I left my tail on the ice.  I fell...hard.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  Honestly I think every year I had a different favorite gift.  It was that one thing that you just had that was on the top of your list.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  Christ and celebrating his birth!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?  It would absolutely have to be my Aunt Sue's peanut butter wreaths.  Those things are to die for!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  I think my favorite tradition is that we all gather at my mom's house to open gifts as a family.  It's the one tradition that even though my sister is married and they have their own house or my parents have divorced we still all come together to continue this.

17. What tops your tree?  A Precious Moments angel

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?  I prefer giving, but receiving is nice too.  I think I just love the idea of lighting up someones face when they unwrap their present or the feeling I get when I'm so excited to find out what that person got me.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?  I like them, but don't really eat them.
candycane

20. Favorite Christmas show?  I love the Santa Clause Movies and I think Prep and Landing cartoons are cute too!
      

21. Saddest Christmas Song?  Christmas Shoes by Newsong.  It makes me tear up everytime I hear it.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?  He Made a Way In a Manger.  Click here to hear the song.  This song was one of the songs we performed in the Christmas play at church and I absolutely love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment