Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Weekend Recap...

On Friday I was determined that my Christmas shopping would be completed this weekend.  I cannot handle how busy it gets the week and especially the day before Christmas!  It seems like I always try to avoid getting caught up in that madness and every year I end up needing to run get something.  So Friday I met my mom after work and we set out to finish our shopping together.  After hitting up a few stores we ended up calling it a night. 

So of course we decided to take my sister along and head back out for more shopping on Saturday.  It's kind of crazy because I usually love shopping.  No matter who it is for I love the going around shopping for deals and finding different pieces to make an outfit, but I just haven't been feeling it lately.  I'm thinking it is because of all of the rush that goes on this time of year.  I wished people would really contemplate why we celebrate Christmas.

I began thinking on Saturday, if people do not celebrate Christmas for the birth of Christ what do they think Christmas is all about?  As I pondered this question I then began to feel convicted.  As a Christian I should be focusing my attention on the true meaning of Christmas…Christ our Savior’s birth.  I shouldn’t worry if Aunt so and so likes what I plan on giving her or if all cousin’s gifts are equal.  I should be praising God for fulfilling the promise of Jesus’ birth. 

So I’m challenging each of you to really celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.

On Sunday after church my sister, mom and I hosted a baby shower for Kyra Mae.  Kyra is the daughter of one of our family’s close friends, Rici.  Rici grew up with us through church and gymnastics.  We always referred to each other as cousins!  I am so thankful I get to be a part of her little girls lives.

Here are some photos from the shower.  I attempted my very first diaper cake.  I think it worked out pretty well.
 The finished diaper cake.

 Kyra, Rici's former neighbors, and Teagan

Jana did so well with those pom balls.

Teagan with Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment